ITC Rising Scholar Award
The International Advisory Council (IAC) of the ITC decided to set up a new award: the ITC Rising Scholar Award. The goal of the ITC Rising Scholar Award is to recognize young researchers with significant contributions to the ITC Community in the field of performance, traffic modeling and control in communication networks and networking science.
There is an open call for nominations and the award will be presented for the first time at ITC 30 in Vienna, September 2018.
The Nominee must be within 7 years of having obtained her/his PhD degree. A substantial amount of the research body in the research accomplishment should be rooted in work that was published at ITC; contributions to teletraffic modelling and analysis are particularly welcome. The Nominee may not be any of the following: the Nominator (self-nominations are not accepted); an IAC member; or an award committee member.
These documents are submitted following an open call via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the deadline.
- 1. A concise statement (one sentence) of the achievement(s) for which the award is being sought.
- 2. A statement, of maximum two pages, documenting the Nominee's research accomplishments (max. 2 pages, 11pt font).
- 3. Curriculum Vitae, including publications, of the Nominee.
- 4. A letter from the Nominator, justifying the nomination, the significance of the work and the Nominee's contribution in the work (max. 2 pages, 11pt font).
- 5. A maximum of 3 endorsement letters of recommendation from others, which identify the rationale for the nomination and by what means the recommender knows of the Nominee's work. At least one of the three Endorsers must be a member of the ITC Community.
- 6. Copies of at least one and not more than three of the candidate’s most significant papers or other documents that form the basis of the nomination.
Nominations that do not result in an award can be resubmitted in subsequent years.
The Nominator must be registered at the ITC mailing list and active in the ITC community, e.g. submitting papers to the ITC conference or being active as TPC member. The Nominator should solicit endorsements from colleagues in the field that are most familiar with the Nominee’s achievements. The Nominator is also responsible for the timely submission of all nomination materials according to the procedure outlined in the open call. The Nominator may not be an award committee member.
The task of the ITC Rising Scholar award committee is to identify and select maximal one Award Recipient per year to be proposed to the IAC, which takes the final decision. The committee consists of a chairperson and two to four members, with at least one IAC member, at least one member of the active Teletraffic Community, and up to two most recent awardees (cycled in a sliding window fashion). The IAC nominates every year the award committee.
Initially, for ITC 30, the award committee is as follows.
- John Daigle, University of Mississippi, USA
- Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden
- Udo Krieger, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Dario Rossi, Telecom ParisTech / Ecole Polytechnique, France
The Award Recipient will receive a certificate. The Award will be published on the ITC web site.
Nomination Timeline for 2018
Deadline for nominations: March 01, 2018
Nominations are to be sent to email@example.com